News Details

Sainz: Dad warned me "100 times" about Monte Carlo

Renault Formula 1 driver Carlos Sainz said his father warned him "about 100 times" to be careful ahead of driving the final two stages of the Monte Carlo Rally last Sunday. Carlos Jr drove a Renault Megane R.S. course car on the Col de Turini and Col de Braus stages of the 2018 World Rally Championship opener, his first involvement in an official rally. Those stages contained a mix of dry and wet road, dirt, slush and polished ice, and Sainz said his two-time WRC champion father had urged him to be cautious before an event he arrived too late to do a recce for. "I talked to my co-driver earlier in the week and I told him just to grade the notes quite simply," he...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Ott Tanak thought his WRC career was over after 2012...

New Toyota star Ott Tänak revealed in Monte Carlo that he had...

Double Celebration for Ford after Rolex 24, Rallye...

Ford Performance Motorsports’ Global Director, Mark Rushbrook, said...

Monte Carlo WRC: Ogier pulls clear despite wheel damage

Sebastien Ogier’s Monte Carlo Rally lead ballooned to more than a minute...
-1w from Motorsport.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2015 TotalWRC.com
TotalWRC.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with WRC.