News Details

Dakar truck driver excluded after collision with spectator

Former Dakar Rally winner Andrey Karginov, competing for Russia's Kamaz team in the truck category, has been excluded from this year's event in Peru for failing to stop after a collision with a spectator. The Russian, who won in 2014, was third at the time of the incident on Friday with two wins from the five stages so far. "A 60-year-old man from South Africa, who was watching the race in an unsecured area... was hit by a race truck (#518 Andrey Karginov)," organisers said in a statement. "The competitor was excluded from the rally by the jury of commissioners for not stopping to attend the injured spectator," they added. The spectator suffered a broken femur and was...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Sebastien Loeb happy to support Thierry Neuville's...

Former World Rally Championship champion Sebastien Loeb says he is...

19 questions for 2019: Sebastien Ogier back at...

Motorsport Week's team of writers got together to discuss what they...

Qatar's Al-Attiyah takes early Dakar lead

Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah led the Dakar Rally after the first timed stage...
-1w from EuroSport.com

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2015 TotalWRC.com
TotalWRC.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with WRC.